Skilarence® (dimethyl fumarate)
Prescribing information can be found at the bottom of this page.
Skilarence® is an oral treatment option for moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis in adults in need of systemic treatment.1
Skilarence® is a fumaric acid ester (FAE) formulation containing dimethyl fumarate (DMF) as its sole active ingredient.1
Skilarence® is an oral treatment available in two gastro-resistant tablet strengths:1
- The 30 mg presentation is used to initiate treatment and it may help you find the optimal dose for the individual needs of each patient.
- The 120 mg presentation is used for the later phase of up-titration and usually for treatment maintenance.
The tablets are taken one to three times per day, with a maximum daily dose of 720 mg (6 tablets).1
Skilarence® dosing can be adapted for each patient according to the response to therapy and the occurrence of any side effects.1
For better tolerability, it is recommended that you gradually increase the Skilarence® dose according to the following schedule:1
Skilarence® is the only fumaric acid ester licensed for adults with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis in the UK:
Skilarence® is effective and improves patients’ QoL vs. placebo2
Skilarence® safety profile is comparable to Fumaderm®3
Skilarence® is backed by long-term FAE efficacy experience4
Help your psoriasis patients achieve the balance they need with Skilarence®
1. Skilarence® Summary of Product Characteristics. Almirall.
2. van de Kerkhof PCM, Loewe R, Mrowietz U, et al. Quality of life outcomes in adults with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis treated with dimethylfumarate (DMF): a post hoc analysis of the BRIDGE study. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2020 Jan;34(1):119-126.
3. Mrowietz U, Szepietowski JC, Loewe R, et al. Efficacy and safety of LAS41008 (dimethyl fumarate) in adults with moderate-to-severe chronic plaque psoriasis: a randomized, double-blind, Fumaderm® – and placebo-controlled trial (BRIDGE). Br J Dermatol. 2017;176(3):645-723.
4. Reich K, Thaci D, Mrowietz U, Kamps A, Neureither M, Luger T. Efficacy and safety of fumaric acid esters in the long-term treatment of psoriasis–a retrospective study (FUTURE). Journal der Deutschen Dermatologischen Gesellschaft = Journal of the German Society of Dermatology : JDDG. 2009;7(7):603-711.